Getting Free at work

(Originally published 7 January 2014) 

This was my most recent status: “Anger over a situation at work is motivating me to make plans to address my own situation as well as the larger issues. It's unsettling, but empowering. Trying NOT to stay stuck in anger or hurt.”

The latter has been hard. As I was trying to do an Oprah/Chopra meditation on CD this morning, I started weeping, then began repeating the EFT tapping routine just to bring some emotional relief. I was journaling over my morning coffee (fully recognizing that my PTS has been triggered over issues about being taken advantage of at work) when I wrote this:

"I want to keep remembering and affirming that I deserve better. I deserve fair pay and treatment at work. I deserve an abundant salary for the value of my work. I deserve to be treated with respect and care. I deserve to be free of a toxic, dysfunctional environment."

Especially with that last statement, something shifted. I went on to journal "That feels good
it feels positive and freeing. I refuse to blame myself for what was or what I did not do before. This is NOW and I can take steps to Get Free in another area of my life."

Wish me well, please! Blessed Be, Amanda


[Note that these blogs were created on Spark People, so often refer to the site, Spark teams and Spark Friends, or in this case "status," a short statement about how we were doing.]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to victims of sexual abuse & their loved ones

Support Revisited: Thank you all!

The Last Book on Decluttering You'll Ever Need