Focusing on what I can do

(Originally published 27 March 2020) 

It's a challenging time when so much is happening and disrupting our lives that is out of our control. It's easy to get caught up in fear and frustration over everything we can't do. Just like with losing weight or organizing, focusing on what we want and on the choices we can make is more motivating than always paying attention to the things we don't like or can't have or do.

I may not be able to go to all the places I used to go, but I can go for a walk in the fresh air and wave at people I pass. My favorite restaurants may not be open, but I can plan healthy meals and try new recipes. I may not be able to go to the gym (or the Activity Room at my job, since we are telecommuting now), but I've been finding lots of new free exercise videos, including plenty I can do during my 15-minute breaks from my call center job.

Even though I can't visit friends or my sister, I can reach out by phone, email, a card, or a letter. I've been sharing information and funnies from Spark Friends and the resources I've been discovering. I can use this extra time at home to make progress in decluttering
in fact I'm excited by the space I'm clearing up.

And above all, I can choose my thoughts. I can say my healthy affirmations. I can celebrate my progress and positive actions, my timer sessions, and my exercise minutes. And I can be compassionate when my energy wanes or I snack more than I'd like. I can revel in naps and rereading a favorite book series.

I'll close by sending love and positive energy to my Spark Friends, praying that we all stay healthy and in good spirits. We can get through this, and we can choose to live well.

Blessed Be, Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to victims of sexual abuse & their loved ones

Support Revisited: Thank you all!

The Last Book on Decluttering You'll Ever Need