Let's Do OK Today

(Originally published 26 November 2020) 

I loved a comment I received on my previous blog 'Does it have to be my "best"?' I just sent her a goodie with this message, that I thought might be helpful for anyone else who is exhausted by chasing perfection or struggles with disappointment when they don't manage to do their "best":

Your phrase "Let's do okay" has made it into my morning journaling more than once! I've taken to adding 'today' at the end: "Let's do okay today!" My inner parts can get really excited, because we know we can achieve that, rather than the elusive "best." This morning, one part laughed "We might even do Really Good today." I just find it energizing to know I won't fail. I wanted to send a special Thank You & wish you a joyous Thanksgiving Day.

And while I'm thankful to this Sparker in particular, I'm also grateful for this site and for teammates around the country and around the world who are committed to making positive changes. Happy Holidays to us all!

Blessed Be, Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to victims of sexual abuse & their loved ones

Support Revisited: Thank you all!

The Last Book on Decluttering You'll Ever Need