Thank you, Spark People and Friends

(Originally published 16 August 2021) 

I had to write one last blog. It's bittersweet to be saying good-bye. This site has been a huge part of my life for 11 years, and the very best part of that has been the community of support and encouragement. Checking in daily with the teams I led, the mutual support and celebrating with Spark Friends, sending and receiving goodies—that's what I knew I would miss the most.

So soon after we got the news back in June, my GG co-leader and I decided Discord would be the best place to move A Gathering of Goddesses and my beloved Babysteps Brigade. Our new home doesn't have all the bells and whistles SP did, but we post on different threads, check in, and get to play with a large number of emojis and GIFs! If you want to check it out, set up a free account on discord.com/ and send me a message: Blessed Being#5304,

And I am so thankful that SP gave us more than two months' notice before closing down. It gave us a chance to save what we most wanted to keep and decide where to find the tools that would best support us. In my case, the biggest project was saving my blogs. I had written around 150 over 10 years. I didn't keep them all, but I've reposted just over 100 onto my new blog home: blessedbeingsblogpage.blogspot.com/

I've sent a few big ticket goodies to dear Spark Friends, but am not stressing about using all those Goodie Points that are disappearing. I've joined Spark America, mainly because I'm hoping some of the great articles I've loved can be accessed there. I'm just sad that our international members don't have that option. And I just heard my reading team is setting up at My Fitness Pal, so I may check that out as well.

So thank you, dear fellow Sparkers for sharing this amazing journey with me. I will continue to pursue my goals and promote well-being for myself and others. I hope we will cross paths again. Take care of yourselves and those around you. 

Blessed Be, Amanda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to victims of sexual abuse & their loved ones

Support Revisited: Thank you all!

The Last Book on Decluttering You'll Ever Need