What a difference a month makes!

(Originally published 1 April 2020) 

From 3/1/20 to 4/1/20: I stay inside most of the time, I’ve been telecommuting for 3 weeks now, so it’s not surprising that my weight’s gone up 3 pounds. As a Spark Friend quoted from her local news: “Manatees eat for an average of 8 hours per day. Coronavirus has turned us all into manatees.”

Still, I’m doing pretty well. I’m exercising during my breaks; I’ve made a list of short workouts that will fit into a 15-minute break. And now that we have full coverage in the call center, & coworkers with medical issues don’t need to take as many sick days since they can answer the phone from home, I’m finding time in between calls to do little tasks at home as well as catching up with work activities. So I’m feeling productive, which is very nice.

Some days I’ll take a walk outside, just around the neighborhood—but since my area is hilly, it’s not just strolling. I’m mostly relying on YouTube videos to stay active, and have discovered new workouts beyond BodyFit by Amy and Jessica Smith, mainly Silver Sneakers (yes, I recently registered for Medicare!) and Qigong. I’ve become quite a fan of several short (15-20 min) qigong routines. I’ve shared these and other resources with coworkers and friends, and am trying to stay connected.

I’m not journaling as often, since I used to do that while riding the bus up to my job in Seattle; I haven’t found a new place in my schedule for it. On weekends I used to journal & read in my current book over a leisurely cup of coffee in the morning, but now I’m scurrying off to get to the grocery stores early to shop while stock is still available—so weekend routines have changed as well.

Still, I’m healthy and employed, and therefore counting my blessings! Stay safe out there, stay connected, and keep your spirits up!

Blessed Be, Amanda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An open letter to victims of sexual abuse & their loved ones

Support Revisited: Thank you all!

The Last Book on Decluttering You'll Ever Need